Monday, August 17, 2015

I could have a nice hardwood floor if I were younger.

Sorry for my absence. I needed to concentrate on a lot of work and I haven't been doing much "not new" shopping. But today, I did finally get back to craigslist and found a perfect "not new" oak hardwood floor...if I were younger.

It's an 80 year old floor and there is going to be over 500 sq. ft., so it would fit my needs exactly if I had the strength to put i in myself. But, those days are past me. And even though the floor is nearby and only $200 total (what a bargain!), I'd have to pay someone to install and refinish it and that would be quite a bit of change (still has some nails in many of the boards...I don't even think I could pull those out efficiently). Wish I had come up with this going "not new" idea a long time ago...I could have a really nice bank account by now, not to mention how much I'd be saving old Mother Earth. Oh, well...maybe someone younger will read this and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment