Saturday, October 24, 2015

Get a load of this dirt.

I was very nervous about ordering my topsoil off craigslist, but--by the looks of it--I have nothing to worry about. This 10 cu. yd. load of 50/50 topsoil/compost looks pretty durn good to me. At $395 delivered, I think it was a decent price for this area. I did think 10 cu yds would be a bigger pile, but this will certainly be enough for the time being (I want to spread it in several other places besides my 220 sq. ft. front yard veggie bed). If it were just a matter of spreading it out on this bed, I might have been able to do it myself...but since it's going all over the place, I hired some muscle to help. Gonna pick up some sand to spread on my clay soil as well (not sure how I'll get it under the existing pile...maybe I'll just sand the open section). In any event, feeling like I'll have a chance at a decent harvest next year.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! It looks so beautiful and black! I bet you'll have an amazing garden next year!

    ReplyDelete