Thursday, October 8, 2015

I now have a pair of "not new" dress sneakers.

I can only wear sneakers on my bad feet so I wanted to dress them up a bit. Okay, a lot. This was EXPENSIVE...I didn't use the cheapest rhinestones, but I also didn't use the most expensive. These machine-cut gems gave me the best bang for my buck (but, I'm thinking I easily have over $50 in stones on these). I also Shapied the white rubber sides and got dressier laces. Probably took about 5 hours. I'm tough on shoes, but will only be wearing these when I go out to a movie, dinner or some special event. We'll see how they hold up. (I think I could do a lot of damage if I kicked a ne'er do well while I was wearing these.)

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I'm a Birkenstock girl myself, and... true confessions, I do have one pair of "dressy" birks - is that a contradiction in terms? :-)

    ReplyDelete