Tuesday, September 29, 2015

An expensive update to almost-new sneakers.

I got these sneakers for Christmas last year and have barely worn them as I've kept them for zumba and I've only been a few times. I expect I'll be getting another pair for Christmas this year (isn't it nice to have consistent friends who know what you need?), so I decided to try to turn these into "dress" sneakers. (I can only wear the one brand of sneaker, no other shoes allowed on my bad feet.) It is taking an awful lot of rhinestones and they are very expensive (and they aren't even Swarovski, those would be super glittery). However, it isn't taking half as much time as I expected. I did this shoe (I'd say I'm about half done) in under two hours. If the glue holds as promised, I may even make a second pair someday--if I can find a "used" or more affordable source of rhinestones.

No comments:

Post a Comment