Wednesday, September 23, 2015

"Recycling" my kitchen table yet another time.

Here is an "in process" shot of my kitchen table re-do. It is stripped, sanded and awaiting an application of yellow analine dye. This is the second time I'm refinishing this table. The family seems to excel at destroying furniture. I'm nervous as I've never dyed furniture before. I have always used stain. We'll see how it goes and I'll post when it's done (hopefully in 48 hours).

This is definitely the last time I'll be refinishing this. It is veneered and the veneer is now way too thin. Plus, the newer (assumably more eco=-friendly) furniture strippers just don't do the job and I'm getting too old to do the ridiculous amount of sanding required. Though, I do still have a buffet that needs re-done...and I won't be getting to it his year. Oy vey.

No comments:

Post a Comment