Friday, April 10, 2015

Another repair combines two "not new" jewelry items into one.

While I don't know how to darn socks, I have learned how to repair jewelry (sort of...thankfully people don't look too close). I purchased this bracelet at a garage sale long ago. It had quite a few missing beads, but it sill looked okay. Fortunately, the beads that were missing were very common, so I picked up a broken necklace for a quarter, took it apart, and filled in all the missing beads. Turned out just fine. At least, it looks good on my Easter egg.

2 comments:

  1. Is that aurora boreallis? I am forever looking for that at garage and estate sales. btw... good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is! The necklace pieces didn't fill all the holes, so I had to use a couple beads that were just clear crystal, but they blend in just fine. Love the AB.

    ReplyDelete