Saturday, April 25, 2015

My "not new" bubble wrap almost killed me.

I was exiting the thruway when an approximately 20'sheet of bubble wrap (shown in my back seat) flew across my windshield. I assume it was from the construction they were doing on the exit...construction that left no shoulder to pull off on. I had about a two-inch "window" to look through, which kept shifting. There were a string of cars behind me which would quickly backup up onto the thruway and cause a hazard, so I continued on, knowing there would be place to stop ahead.

I nearly had a heart attack when I stopped and got out of the car as there was a car to the left, just inches from my bumper, which I had not seen. Phew! Someone up there was watching out for me. So, I gathered up the bubble wrap, which looks like new. I really needed bubble wrap, just would have preferred not to risk my life to get it.

3 comments: