Sunday, April 5, 2015

This artist is making sort of "not new" new oil paintings at affordable prices.

I love his work. I'm not disturbed by his method, if that's the way he's got to do it to make a living. The artist, Graham Gercken of Australia, is sort of a one-man starving artists shop from what I can tell. He offers dozens and dozens of scenes (he is mostly a landscape artist) that he apparently has painted in a variety of sizes. The prices are excellent for original oil paintings. The one first pictured is a 30" x 24" for $298. The second is a 1"6 x 12" for $129. I feel bad that the guy has to paint in what I assume is a rather production-line type method (I imagine he does one painting after the other of the same scene...or maybe works on multiple canvases at once to gain speed...it would be interesting to see how he does it). But, I'd love to have one on my wall. Looking at art sort of calms down and gets my creative juices flowing simultaneously. Here is the link to his Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/GerckenGallery?ref=l2-shopheader-name

No comments:

Post a Comment