Thursday, April 16, 2015

Freeing a car stuck in the mud.

kI thought it was dry enough to pull my car into the backyard and use it to pull out a bush I want removed. I was wrong. And in pulling on the (immobile) bush, I got my wheel stuck in the mud pretty durn good. Unfortunately getting it out was uphill in both forward and reverse (fortunately, a fairly gentle grade in forward). Pushing did not work (probably needed more pushers due to the grade...but I only had two). The AAA took one look and said my best bet would be to wait for dry weather. I tried to jack the car up to fill in the hole, but I wasn't sure I was using the jack correctly and it was just jacking down into the mud anyway. So, I dug a little trench in front of the stuck tire, lined it will kitty litter and re-enlisted two strong men...that did the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment