Sunday, April 19, 2015

Full disclosure on recent things I had to buy "new."

I spent way too much time and gas looking for "not new" supplies to build my raised bed garden and greenhouse, so I have started buying new: cinder blocks, conduit pipe (supposed to hold up to the weather exposure better than PVC and was cheaper, too...if anyone knows a reason I should not use this as the framework for my greenhouse, please speak up as I have not purchased it yet) and connectors and plastic sheeting. I'll have to get some "new" topsoildelivered, too, but I'm sue it will be, well, old as dirt. I have landscape fabric I got on clearance last year, so I won't need to buy that.

I also purchased the offspring a new baseball cap (allowed myself "new" gifts), but he did not like the style. It was $3.88. I kept it for myself rather than taking it back as I did need a dark gardening hat for Spring and Fall. I'm sure I'll regret it as it is for the Husky company...so in addition to having the cute logo of the Siberian Husky (the breed of our rescue dog), it says "Husky"...and I am a woman of a certain weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment