Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Bought two tops at Savers 50% off sale...having regrets about one.

(This is the last post from my "stash." All future posts should be in real time.)
I really don’t NEED clothes. But, I fall prey to WANTING something new now and then. Add that to a 50% off sale at Savers (a thrift store) and all my resistance goes out the door. So…I got this plaid Geoffrey Beene number for $3.50 and I just love it. It's 100% cotton and such a soft, soft knit. Not the height of fashion, but I like the way it looks. The print top for $.1.50, I'm loving not so much. The thrill of 50% off blinded me to the fact that it has 3/4 sleeves, which I hate. But, buyer's remorse is a lot easier to handle at just $1.50. I also purchased several other items I will hopefully use in my mosaic art this summer. I had seen a $10 cashmere sweater the day before that I had hoped to grab up for $5, but when the sale opened, it was gone. Sigh.
Also purchased a book for the husband for Christmas (Savers books are pricey, but not bad at 50% off). It’s not part of my “nothing new” agenda, but I did pull out a bunch of MY tops to donate to Goodwill when I put these two my drawer. Trying to keep to only two drawers full of tops and one drawer full of pants (if I lost weight, it would be easier…and summers are easier).

No comments:

Post a Comment