Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas wrapping paper and cards were from the hoard, not the recycle bin

As a lifelong bargain hunter, I have a stash of cards and wrapping paper (and gifts for that matter) that I get at 75%-90% off every few years (when my supplies run low). So, I didn't have to think of any creative recycling. Have enough to last me through at least one or two more holidays. Probably enough bows to last forever (since I save them each year). Which may be a good thing: I am not the kind of crafty-ass gal who could make newspaper-wrapped presents look cute. I can barely get things to look nice with real wrapping paper. My dear grandmother saved used wrapping paper. The presents always looked like they'd been through a riot, but that never mattered much to us kids in the three seconds we saw them before we tore into 'em...though having to remove the tape neatly certainly slowed us down.

2 comments:

  1. My friend unwrapped a new tv and I slowed him down to save those large swaths of wrapping paper, free from tape or folds. He was carefully unwrapping two smaller gifts, but I told him I would not save those little ones.

    Since I mail a smash-crammed box of gifts to NY and one to TX, I never use much wrapping paper. DIL and daughter agreed to wrap the gifts.

    I buy cards on deep discount and from thrift stores and yard sales. So, I never, ever buy those retail, even the cheap ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to remember to look for cards at yard sales!

    ReplyDelete