Wednesday, December 10, 2014

The offspring broke my Ninja blender

Being frugal, and especially going "used," is all about planning. But, you can't plan for premature breakdowns. Sigh. We use the blender a lot. I make myself a nice, low-cal frappucino-type treat every now and then. The offspring makes these ridiculous fruit smoothies. (I say “ridiculous” because he does it in a difficult, nonsensical fashion). He, of course, put too much hard fruit in the blender and it broke. I hate the idea of buying a blender used (who knows what someone might have put in it?), but I suppose I will have to. I’ll just be sure to soak it in bleach water when I buy one. I looked for one at Savers, but they didn’t have anything I liked. I am hoping to buy the same blender I had as I still have all the various blades and bowls for it...and I liked the way it worked. I did see a few other things at Savers that might come in handy. I will go back on Tuesday (a discount day) and hope those items are still there. (Savers is, in my opinion, one of the higher-priced thrift stores. But, they are very well organized, making the shopping experience more pleasant. However, I don’t like the fact that they make themselves appear to be a nonprofit. They are a for-profit store and only give a small percentage to charity. They won’t even tell me exactly what the percentage is. I assume Target donates far more to charitable causes than Savers does. But, Savers fits the “used” criterion.) As far as the blender is concerned, I will just have to wait for one I want to be available, used, at a good price...or maybe at just an okay price...depends how much I miss my frappes.

2 comments:

  1. You could technically buy a reconditioned model. I once bought a reconditioned Kitchen Aid blender. I think I got it at the kitchen store in the Niagara Falls outlet mall. You can also find them on-line.

    ReplyDelete