Thursday, December 18, 2014

Oh dear, I bought myself a vintage mink jacket.

Did I mention I can’t resist a bargain? When I discovered that affordable vintage fur jackets were to be had, well, my spending restraint was put to the test…and failed miserably. I would NEVER buy a NEW fur unless it was some sort of animal also used for food or very ethically raised, etc. But, a USED fur is a different story. I’m okay with wearing fur from critters that were dead before I was even born. I am extending their usefulness. And no one is going to look at my fat self (looking even fatter in a fur) and think: “what a great look, I have to go get myself a fur that makes ME look that huge.” Of course, finding a vintage fur that fits a fat lady is not an easy task. The women that owned fur coats in days gone by seem all to have been very petite. So, when I found a decent-looking, ‘50’s-era mink jacket for $225 on Etsy.com, it caught my eye. Fur is incredibly warm. I needed a dressy winter jacket/coat. And I liked the style. I was still going to pass up the jacket when I happened to notice the seller was running a 30% off sale. That did me in. $157 for a kooky, warm, luxurious jacket that would last me the rest of my life (it’s not like I have THAT many decades left). I took a big risk (because returns were not accepted) and ordered the coat. As luck would have it, it fits great (and I am built really weird so that is very lucky

No comments:

Post a Comment