Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Going "not new" turning out to be a workout for both creativity and memory.

I needed my ruler to measure some items I wanted to sell. (I’m starting an Etsy shop (ArtGlassAndMore) to sell off some of my prized possessions in anticipation of downsizing.) I figured I’d pick up a ruler at the grocery store when I realized it didn’t fit my all-used parameters. (My missing ruler actually was a garage sale find, a nice one, too…18” and very sturdy…wonder where it is …grrrr.) So, I wanted a measuring device fast and doubted they’d have one at the Goodwill store. Plus, it wasn't worth the gas. Amazingly, I couldn’t find any way to print a nice ruler off the Internet (on the back of a piece of a used piece of paper, of course), the files I found just crashed my printer. I was trying to figure out a way to get an accurate measurement knowing a piece of paper was 8-1/2 x 11 when I remembered I had a measuring tape in a very nice sewing kit that I picked up at an estate sale. Rescued from doing some tricky math!

1 comment:

  1. Sue, the secret is to work in an office that goes out of business. I cleaned my junk drawer last week and found *three* rulers. I'm in Buffalo too... I woulda given you one! The offer is still good....

    ReplyDelete