Tuesday, December 9, 2014

The offspring insists on "new." Being in a store that sells "new" stuff is hard.

Went to Target to get the (teenage) offspring a nice white shirt for his job interview. It was really expensive! ($30) However, the offspring isn’t buying into my “all used” philosophy for himself and he is, for some odd reason, anti-TJ Maxx (I could have gotten a dress shirt there for almost half that price, there would have been a better selection and the shirt would have been nicer). The things we are willing to do for our children. I also saw a really cute sweater I liked at Target. It was a little sad to realize I wouldn’t be buying it even if it did go on a super clearance sale. Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. Too bad he doesn't realize that he could get a really good quality brand like Ralph Lauren at Amvets for $3.99. While it is not always easy to get a pristine white dress shirt for us girls, it is easier for men. Just for grins and giggles, I'd try to find him a white one at a thrift, wash it and then hang it in his closet. I bet he'd wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He just might if I snuck it in there. I used to purchase used stuff for him all the time, but now he says the idea of someone else having worn it countless times freaks him out...teens!

    ReplyDelete