Friday, December 26, 2014

Sign up for these services that send garage sale, estate sale and auction alerts...if you dare!

I picked up this Buffalo skull at a local (online) estate sale auction several months ago. The skull was in a lot with some longhorns I wanted. I payed more than I would for such as frivolous thing as longhorns because I intended to sell the buffalo skull for more than I paid for the lot, thus rendering the longhorns free. But, here's what actually happened: I fell in love with the big, durn skull and kept it. Getting longhorns and a great buffalo skull for $67 is still a bargain. But, it's still $67 more than I intended to pay. Not to mention whatever extra I'll eventually spend to redecorate around the skull. (Beware: the best-laid plans can go awry.) Still, if you think you have more spending restraint than I do, sign up with the services that email you notices of local sales: gsalr.com, estatesales.org, auctionzip.com

No comments:

Post a Comment