Sunday, December 14, 2014

Had to buy a snow brush and a leather needle

Sure, I could have cut down the handle on an old broom. Brooms work really well for snow removal. But, I really didn’t have a broom to spare. Plus, I’m getting too old to reach across the car with an ice scraper – I need one with a long handle, like the one on the snow broom I purchased. I live in the Buffalo, NY, area. It isn’t always snowy here, but when we get serious snow, you need a snow brush. You really don’t find them used…people keep ‘em until they are worn to death. Plus, it’s not like you can risk going out in the winter without a snowbrush for your car. This is one of those things you need to plan ahead for if you are going all-used. I also had to buy a leather sewing needle. I found a fabulous vintage Persian lamb coat I intend to repair. And I needed a special needle that would take too much time/gas/effort to find used.

No comments:

Post a Comment