Monday, December 8, 2014

First “need” stops me in my tracks

I brought four tropical plants in for the winter. But, one was new so I didn’t have a saucer for it. I was all set to stop at Home Depot for one of those cheap, clear plastic saucers when I remembered that would be buying something new. Dang. I really didn’t want to run the risk of one of my dishes getting ruined by using it as a plant saucer when I spied a package on the counter: the husband had brought home some brownies from Aldi’s and the lid would fit perfectly in my plant stand…it was the exact right size and shape as you’ll see in the photo...it works better than my old "bought-new" saucer on my other plant in the next photo. It is so perfect, it is almost invisible. I haven’t searched around the garage for a nice, decorative pot to go with, but I’m sure I have something that will work. Fortunately, I hate to throw things out. That will come in very handy in my year of nothing new.

2 comments:

  1. This is brilliant. How come I never thought of that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same reason I never thought of it...didn't have to. Going "nothing new" is really an interesting challenge. Forces you to think. Would have been much better if I did it when my brain was younger.

    ReplyDelete