Monday, December 22, 2014

Other great sources: Buffalo ReUse and Buffalo ReStore

Forgot to mention these two excellent options for finding things that are "not new." From furniture to appliances to building materials, these great re-sources have lots to offer (hopefully there are similar stores in your area). One (Buffalo ReStore, I believe...2 locations) is associated with Habitat for Humanity. I'm pretty sure the other is a nonprofit (seems to have a lot more going in the way of antique woodwork/fixtures/etc., but I think it's also a bit pricier...also only open on weekend due, I think to building code problems). I know the one associated with Habitat for Humanity also get some new merchandise...closeout-type stuff from stores/manufacturers. I get a lot of ceramic tiles and glass lamp pieces for my mosaic work at Buffalo ReStore. My friend, Jean, got a table there for a song and refinished it into a really nice piece (pictures of said table after refinishing).

1 comment:

  1. They are a great resource for getting rid of stuff too that you might normally have a more difficult time with. We had purchased house paint and decided we hated the color after using only a small amount. We brought it to Reuse and they were glad to take it. I buy stuff there too but have done a ton of donating when remodeling, etc.

    I think it's important to buy used, but it's also important to divest yourself of stuff you don't use so others have something to re-use.

    ReplyDelete