Monday, January 12, 2015

A day full of free

Didn't buy anything today. Went out to look at wildlife with the husband and offspring. Saw many, many deer. I think I also caught a glimpse of the snowy owl I've been trying to find, but it was so far away, I only saw its silhouette. I suppose I should start looking for a (used) spotting scope or super strong binoculars. I will have to go back and feed the ducks at South Park Lake at the Botanical Gardens. When we pulled up to admire them, they all started waddling toward the car so hopefully, gently quacking away. They likely depend on handouts in this cold weather. Their lake is frozen and the ground is covered in snow. I know it is bad for them to eat bread, but I can pick up some cracked corn that they will likely love. I might even see if they like safflower seed.
In the evening I went to a free meeting. There are many out there depending on what your personal circumstances might be, including writers' groups, photography groups, knitting groups, book clubs, bible study, volunteer organizations, self-help groups for hoarders, pet owners clubs, support groups for families with a member with mental illness, grief support groups, overeaters groups...really, the list is endless. Any group I've ever gone to, I've found the meetings interesting, entertaining or helpful. (And the picture isn't from today, but an earlier wildlife-viewing excursion)

No comments:

Post a Comment