Friday, January 2, 2015

Getting "nothing new" might get expensive

I'm worried I might make up in volume what I save on cost. Stopped into Savers the other day (it was a Tuesday...won't go unless I get my 25% senior discount) and picked up this Silkland blazer for $11. As you can see, it washed up nicely. (The tag said "dry clean only," but I never dry clean silk. I beleive it is not even good for it.) I didn't even have to iron it (hung it up while still damp).
I haven't quite gotten the hang of figuring out what I might need in advance, so I go into thrift shops regularly to peruse their odds and ends. Hopefully, I'll get the hang of living used soon, so I won't feel the need to do that.

2 comments:

  1. The thing with thrifts is that the supply doesn't always add up with your needs at the right time! I go in an peruse if I have some extra money in my wallet at the end of the week and if I see something I like, I buy it -- I probably won't ever have a chance at it again! In order to compensate, I donate back items if they have a small stain or don't fit exactly right.

    I'm wondering if I should hand wash a rayon blazer I found a week ago. The dry clean instruction specify a low moisture method. I'll have to Google that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find myself getting really liberal with my donating to keep my drawers from overflowing...it's kinda fun to change things up when it doesn't cost much and the donations go to charity. I don't know a thing about laundering rayon.

      Delete