Monday, January 26, 2015

Hating on ink jet printer companies just a little bit

It is sooo nearly impossible to get refillable inkjet cartridges these days. They are programmed to fool your computer into thinking they are still empty after you refill them. Plus, they suggest the ink level is low waaaayyy too soon. My current Kodak printer (bought because the ink was cheaper) told me my ink levels were low a couple months ago. Since then, I've printed out over 40 4x6 photos for my Christmas cards and many pages of print materials. While I don't bother even trying to refill cartridges anymore (because of problems stated earlier), I do get the refurbished ink cartridges from a mailorder company and they have been working great for me at a considerable cost savings. Still, makes me mad when companies purposefully thwart their customer's efforts to economize/ecologize. (I know that's not a word, but it probably should be.)

No comments:

Post a Comment