Sunday, January 11, 2015

Thinking I am "allowed" to buy this "new" blender and charger.

The offspring broke my Ninja blender, which I loved. It was a $40 blender that did a fabulous job at a variety of tasks. I've been cruising estate sales and thrift shops for an identical blender for weeks to no avail. I wanted an identical blender not just because I loved it, but because I still had all the various blades and bodies (so, spares if any should break or get lost).
I found this Chefman blender at Ollies. It is identical to my old Ninja, so I'm guessing (hoping) it's a rebranded version and all the parts will be interchangeable. At just $25 and giving me the ability to interchange my existing parts, I could not resist (especially since I did have an "ick" factor in buying a used blender...I feel like you can never be sure plastic parts are thoroughly sanitized). I also picked up the charger I went in for. The phone chargers I use in my car get banged around so bad, it seems even the best ones never last a full year. So, I have a decent lighter-adapter "plug" that accepts a usb port and I replace the usb connectors with cheap ones as needed. At $2.99, you can't go wrong...if I could even find one at a thrift store it would cost close to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment