Wednesday, January 21, 2015

I seem to need something every other day. This time, it's gloves.

I thought going all-used would be easy because at this point in my life, I have everything I need, right? Wrong. Amazing all the little things that pop up. Yesterday, I found myself without gloves--in Buffalo, NY, winters, that is not acceptable.
The thing is, I'm forgetful. To offset that, I have a pair of gloves for each jacket. I keep 'em in the pockets of my jackets, so, when I need them, the gloves are there. And I almost never lose any gloves because I am so used to stuffing them in my pockets.
Enter the "not new" dress jacket I bought. I have been swapping out the gloves between that and my leather jacket. Didn't check before running out the other day, and ended up without gloves.
I have small hopes for finding "not new" dress gloves that please me. Gloves are one of the few things I splurge on, getting ones I really like for looks and warmth. For my "not new" dress jacket, I'd like to get longer black leather gloves. We'll see what happens. At this late date, I probably won't even be able to get any on clearance. Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. Well, you'll be getting near the time of year when super markets mark them down. I stock up on them then -- but they are not new.

    I had a mitten misplacement debacle last week but ended up finding them. I *hate* it when I reach into a pocket and there are no gloves or mittens! It's been frigid lately and you can't go without. Even if you go against principle. Frost bite is dangerous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were none at AmVets. Two unimpressive pair for $29 each (marked down!) at TJ Maxx. But, I think I have found an answer. Some interesting vintage leather gloves on etsy.com. Just have to hope they fit. A little pricey for used, but they have some long-ish pairs, which I think I'd have trouble getting for a good price anyway. The way the sleeves are put together on my dress jacket, they shorten up when I extend my arms in front of me (like driving), so the extra length will be nice. I'll post when I order/receive them. You are right though...gloves are a MUST.

      Delete