Friday, January 16, 2015

Overpriced estate sales

What's a good price for something used? Unless it's a special item, my feeling is that thirty cents on the dollar (from the original price) should be considered a good return for the seller. Lots of times I see people asking up to ninety cents. Really? It's not worth driving out in hopes of finding something.
I went to two sales today and found nothing priced well enough to buy. With the huge, ancient population dying or retiring around here, estate businesses are going to soon realize that prices gotta come down. It seems like the companies that plan multi-day sales (with staged discounts each day) purposefully overprice on the first day.
If nothing else, I thought I would find the electrical tape or laser pointer I needed at one of the sales. Alas, no luck. I can wait on the laser pointer as it is just to engage the dog in jumping on the offspring when I need to get him out of bed early. For the time being, I'll just continue to strain my voice.

1 comment: