Friday, January 9, 2015

Is it the snowstorm that will cost me a bundle...or my own stupidity?

While I didn't buy anything, today likely cost me a lot of money. I got caught in the snow and foolishly soldiered on, spinning my wheels (oh, that horrible smell of burning rubber) when I should have just given up. I put on expensive, new snow tires in October. At least one of them is likely to be useless now. Not to mention that I might have killed my engine and/or transmission (why would my brake like come on when I have the pedal to the metal in 2nd gear?).
If I had just abandoned the car about a 1/2 mile from home, I likely could have walked the rest of the way. But, no, I kept pushing my car to the limits and still didn't make it home (left the car about 8 doors down...so I got close, but that would still be no comfort if I'm going to have to spend hundreds of dollars in tires/repairs). The snow was so deep, my car was acting like a plow, forming a snowbank in front of me that the offspring then had to get out and kick out of the way about every 15 feet. Now, I'm kicking myself. Stupid stupid, stupid me.

No comments:

Post a Comment