Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Less "new" eats.

Went out to dinner at Mulberry's in Buffalo, NY (Mmmmmmm!). First time in a long time I didn't bring home a doggy bag and now I'm sad about that. Fact is, I've had this weird strategy for making my restaurant meals last that started years before I thought about going "not new."
Unless I'm in the mood for something that won't be good the next day, I'll often order a soup with my meal (LOVES me any homemade soup) and chow down on the bread basket, then take at least half my main meal home in a doggy bag. Sometimes I can make that last 2 more meals. NO COOKING for 2 extra meals! (Usually have other leftovers around the husband can heat up.)
BTW, the pic is not from a restaurant, but a friend's Halloween party. She sure sets a lovely table.

1 comment:

  1. Oooooh, Mulberry's is awesome! I always try to fill up on salad or soup so I can bring some home.

    ReplyDelete