Sunday, January 4, 2015

Are these $3.50 lights "cheating"...they are new, but I think, allowable.

75% off after Christmas, they were certainly cheap enough, but they were new. However, I wanted some battery-operated LED lights for my mantle and for seeing if I could use them for an art/craft project I hoped to make and eventually sell.
The technology is so new, I don't think I'll find used battery-operated LEDs...at least not for a few years, so I am allowing myself this purchase. I only bought one, even though I could have used at least two...I figure I'll experiment with the one and if it works out, there's always next year.

2 comments:

  1. I would never use used Christmas lights because you would never really know why they were discarded. When I get a tiny spark from a string of lights or find a frayed wire, I cut the whole string into six-inch pieces so no poor person will pull them out of the trash and burn their house down.

    The battery operated strings of Christmas lights are great to use on wreaths or for whatever all through the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never thought of lighting a wreath. Now I'm sad I didn't buy more. I guess there's next year...

    ReplyDelete