Friday, May 22, 2015

Free, "not new" hostas...hopefully.

I split my hostas all the time, but this time I got very aggressive and very lazy. I'm hoping these will take, but if they don't, I probably spent less than 3 hours on them, so not too big a waste. I dug up two of my hostas and cut them into very small divisions, laid then on the ground, threw a shovel of compost on top, then threw some chopped leaf mulch on. When I was done, I worried the plants couldn't take the stress, so I cut off the leaves (woulda been easier to do that BEFORE putting them down, oh well). I'm hoping these babies will root themselves. I'm also hoping I'm not creating a maintenance nightmare for myself (the hostas will block the grass/weeds right?) Doing this mainly to try to help out my neighbor--on the other side of the fence--whose dog barks when he sees my dog in the yard. Hoping the hostas will block his under-fence vision.

2 comments:

  1. Wow - you have a BIG yard. That's intimidating!

    ReplyDelete