Thursday, May 7, 2015

No more raised veggie garden bed in the front yard.

I heard a neighbor was very upset with the raised bed I was putting in my front yard, so I nixed it. Far be it from me to ruin someone's life with my garden. I did not discard the idea of a veggie garden altogether, though. I am putting in a regular bed instead. I don't think anyone will be able to tell the difference between my flower garden and my veggie garden once it's done (thought the raised bed woulda looked okay, too, had it been given the chance). Probably won't get a huge yield this year as I don't have enough planning/time to till the soil. I'm hoping a week or so of the black plastic will kill some of the grass, then I will just plunk the veggies down with lots of compost. Next year should be much better.

2 comments:

  1. I really don't understand what anyone could have against a front yard garden. I know people do object, but frankly, it just mystifies me. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mystifies me too. I suppose you opted not to do the raised bed to keep on good terms with the neighbor, but anything other than grass is a good thing. Especially a producing vegetable garden.

    ReplyDelete