Friday, May 1, 2015

I hope these pop bottles work for the raised bed.

It doesn't look like I got anything done today, but I am once again too tired to make my soup. I filled soda pop bottles with water to start forming the sunward side of the bed. I left room in the bottles so they (hopefully) won't break when they freeze. I think I'm going to have to use at least one more row of pipe so the bottles don't push out when I add dirt. I am also going to have to tie the sides together through the middle...not sure what I'm going to use for that, maybe just a non-rotting rope? You can see I have one support in for the "greenhouse." I was surprised that the conduit pipe would bend enough to form an arch. It's way too high, though (considering this is in the front yard of a neighborhood where people haven't been putting veggie gardens in the front...okay, one person had one, but it is gone now). Still trying to decide what height to cut it down to. I think I'd like to add more height to the bed as swell...the pop bottles are about 6" shorter than I'd like.

No comments:

Post a Comment