Saturday, May 9, 2015

The problem with free mulch day is the "day."

I can't complain about free mulch, but I can complain about the weather. Our town only offers mulch fee to residents one day a year. This year, it was 87 degrees during pick up time. It took me an hour in that heat to shovel the mulch into the bags and load up my car. Mostly it was old men and women picking it up (perhaps the young are wiser than the old.) I had room for more mulch, but no energy left to get it. Especially when it got up to 91 by the time I had to unload it. I suppose it could be worse. If it were raining, the mulch would have been a lot heavier and messier.

As you can see, I still need a lot more. When I go back, I'll have to pay for it, but it will still be cheaper than the store's mulch...and I'll know it's made from waste wood that would otherwise, well, go to waste. (But I'm not going back until it cools down and my son can help.)

No comments:

Post a Comment