Saturday, February 7, 2015

Almost done in by Michael Kohrs jeans on clearance.

The offspring needed a lot of clothes and does not share my commitment to "not new," so he asked me to take him to TJ Maxx. This, in itself, is an accomplishment as he used to only want to buy clothes from the mall. While he was shopping for his bargains, I whiled away my time browsing the clearance sections. There was a pair of Michael Kohrs jeans in my size, originally ticketed at $110 and marked down to $27. Now, the only glitch in my "not new" wardrobe is that I have a difficult time finding pants that fit right. Currently, I put on 6 winter lbs. that have my tightest fitting jeans, well, not fitting me anymore. And I haven't been able to find used ones that work. Fortunately, neither did the Kohrs jeans, so I was able to stick to my guns...but, deep down, I know I would have purchased them if they fit properly. It's tough to have a big, weird butt. Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda jeans are about the only ones that work.

2 comments:

  1. The whole thrifting thing helps me rationalize jeans purchases to accommodate my fluctuating size. I have been buying new leggin's because with CVS coupons and peelies, I can get them for about seven bucks per pair. It is easy to put on weight and not know it if you're wearing leggin's. I can't really remember the last time I wore jeans. I hope mine still fit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex, don't get me started on leggings! When leggings and stirrup pants were "in" back in the (late 80's?), I grew two sizes without realizing it.

      Delete