Sunday, February 1, 2015

When new books are cheaper than used

I get most of my fiction books for my kindle, though I absolutely refuse to pay more for the kindle edition than the print edition (as so many publishers charge). Non-fiction books I usually get in print as it is far easier to flip around to the sections I need, when I need them. (Likely, if I were more adept at using my kindle, I'd be able to easily flip around between my bookmarks, but I'm not there yet and may never be.) While I prefer to support local bookstores, the only bookstore that is convenient for me announced recently that they are closing, so I am back to using Amazon.com which is unbeatably affordable and convenient. I love the way Amazon lists all the various sales modes on the book's page. I can usually buy a great used book at a great price. Today, wanting some very current material, that was not the case. In fact, I found myself faced with buying the used book for a couple dollars more than a new book (identified as publisher's overstock). While I did go and spend more on the used gloves last week, I am buying the new book as I don't think it will impact the book's production in any way. Hope I'm not wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment