Sunday, February 8, 2015

Parties as ways of reducing the food bill

Yep. I ate a bit more than I might otherwise at the birthday party this afternoon. Mostly because it will mean I don't have to make myself something to eat later, but it will reduce the food bill. I remember when I was young and poor, I used to think about going to bars during happy hour to eat the free hors d'ouvres for dinner. Figured I might be able to get someone to buy me a drink, or would only buy myself a soda pop. Hated bars, so I never did bring myself to stop in by myself for dinner...but I surely did feed my face when I went with friends. Free food was not to be declined back then...probably take that attitude up again now that I am retired.

2 comments:

  1. We used to hit the supermarket for samples...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Working from home, I never went shopping during peak busy times...never occurred to me that I'd be missing out on the samples...

    ReplyDelete