Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Having difficulty finding a "not new" greenhouse.

Since I am turning the side yard into a mini-farm, I need to construct some sort of greenhous-y thing over part of the garden (it's Buffalo, NY, I need extra heat and a longer season to grow some of the plants on my list). Thought I might be able to find some sort of used shell at least, but not having any luck so far. If I were handier, I might be able to construct something out of used windows...I'm guessing my neighbors will be lucky I'm not that handy because it probably wouldn't be pretty.

If I can't find anything, I will hopefully be able to get a least some of the materials "not new" at Buffalo ReStore...thinking pvc pipe frame covered in poly or vinyl will do the trick, but I'll wait a bit longer and see if anything turns up. The greenhouse kit on sale (new) at Big Lots this week said it blocked UV light, ending my temptation to buy it (I'm guessing the plants make use of UV).

No comments:

Post a Comment