Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Looking for "not new" income

Yep, this is a blatant plug for books I've written. The 1099s are starting to roll in and I fear my sales may have dropped precipitously this year. It's my own fault. I've always said I can't live on my book sales, but I can vacation on them -- and this year I failed to take a vacation. One of the nice thing about writing a book is it continues to deliver income over time. That "not new" income helps. Of course, if you really want the book sales to produce, you need to do some marketing and I have not...that's "work!" But, I suppose I should bite the bullet and do some promotion. The books are actually well received. My parodies are dang funny and readers tell me they get some laughs out of my novel as well. (It's a pre-dystopian, adventure romance.) Ideal for young and new adults with less-than literary tastes (fun reads, not deep). They would make great Valentine gifts. Available wherever books are sold (except bookstores...you'll have to special order them if you go to the store, but that won't cost any extra). Available in all e-formats, too. Here are the links for the kindle versions (in the US): TwiLITE (was on the kindle Too 100 parodies list for over 2 years) http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005AJN7AQ ; Catching On Fire http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007VTEC4S

No comments:

Post a Comment