Friday, February 6, 2015

My upcycled garage shelving.

This might be what inspired me to find the courage to go "not new" for a year. I needed some extremely sturdy shelving to hold my mosaic supplies in the garage. I had been trolling the thrifts and garage sales to no avail. On big-trash-day I garbage picked an old ladder, couple of particle boards and old table top. I had a couple wood slats lying around from a broken bed and I put this shelving unit together (in-progess shot to show you the workings, fully loaded shot to show how much it can hold). I did have to buy an extra board or two for the shelves themselves. I bought a $6 used circular saw to cut the ladder down (was turning out to be too much work for this old lady to do by hand). In any event, I'm very pleased with how it turned out and cost me next to nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment