Tuesday, February 10, 2015

I finally got some used jeans that fit

Forgot to mention, yesterday when Savers denied my coupon (that I had earned through making purchases), I did buy some jeans that were 30% off because it was a "sale" day. One pair of Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda jeans was $6.66 and the other was $4, both were in really good shape. I also bought a pair of Gloria Vanderbilt jeans that weren't "Amanda" and they did not fit at all. Took them back today (Savers allows you return an item within 7 days if it still has the tag on it and you have the receipt, though you must take your "refund" in merchandise that same day...a lousy return policy for a for-profit store like Savers, but better than most thrifts). I returned those today and bought some of the stuff I was going to buy with my coupon yesterday (today was "seniors" day, so I got a 25% discount). I think Savers is very expensive for most stuff, but I really needed some jeans.

3 comments:

  1. Savers is pricey but I will go there if it's a holiday and everything is half price. Good score!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have savers in Canada but Value Village which is a for profit thrift - same thing expensive and I only go there on sale days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheapchick, you will have to give us Yanks some other clues about finding the thriftiest used stuff in Canada. I'm glad to know to avoid Value Village. Is there anything different up there than down here? Can you make a whole blog post of it? For the most part, I don't even think about shopping in Canada because the tax is so high. But, the exchange rate is good now, so I was thinking it might be worth checking out some garage sales in the Spring. I'm just over the border in Buffalo

    ReplyDelete