Saturday, March 7, 2015

3 estate sales and all I got was a thingamajig.

Is it better when you come up empty-handed at an estate sale...or when you spend (and save) a lot of money? Difficult to decide. There's a lot to be said for not spending money, but I hate wasting my time and effort. Fortunately, the sales I went to were close to where I had to be, so not much gas was wasted. And they were in ESTATES, so it was fun to see how the 1% live. (Though, unfortuntately, they made everyone take off their shoes and the entryway was sopping wet. Ugh!) I did see a wheelbarrow for $13, but when I asked to borrow my sister's van to pick it up, she said she had a wheelbarrow I could borrow...so I saved the $13. I will only need it for a week or so when I set up my new vegetable garden in the spring, so that works out perfectly. As for the doohicky (or is it a whosit?), I think that will come in handy when (if?) I install my engineered hardwood floor, as I know you are supposed to cut the shoe moldings with a coping saw rather than a miter cut...we'll see how that works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment