Monday, March 30, 2015

I wonder if a Rescued Art Shop could be viable?

It breaks my heart to see decent art put to the trash. This piece wasn't in the trash, but I worry it might end up there. At $25, it's a bit pricey for tAmVets (even though the canvas alone would cost more than that). I don't consider myself a good judge of modern art, but I love the vibrant feel of this (perhaps because it has been Winter for soooo darn long?). I have no place to put it and am trying to downsize in anticipation of a future move to a smaller place, but I hated leaving it. I hope someone who loves it finds it. It would do so much for a room. Even bad art is better than no art and there is something about an original, rather than a print, that feels stimulating. I'd open up a Used Art Shop if I thought it could sustain itself. Do you think it would? There's a lot of original art out there that is decent, just not in the current style. And someone poured their heart into it.

1 comment:

  1. I had quite the collection of originals like that in our old house. I had to divest when we moved. I gave quite a few away so they found good homes.

    Amvets over-prices this stuff and it's unfortunate because the longer it takes to sell, the more damaged it gets.

    I could see reselling stuff like that in a booth at an art fair, or something like that.

    ReplyDelete