Monday, March 16, 2015

I think I should have tipped the estate sale guy.

I'm a generous tipper at restaurants and places you are traditionally supposed to tip. But, tipping isn't part of my (lower middle class) upbringing, so I forget to tip when unusual situations arise. Like the estate sale worker who carried a heavy grinder to my car. He was an old guy and seemed fairly poor, so I'm feeling very bad about it. It just didn't occur to me to tip. And I surely should have as he provided an invaluable service at a great effort to himself. I should probably tip him more than the durn grinder cost. For all I know, the guy might just hang out solely for tips (the estate sales I go to usually don't offer any assistance). I'm hoping I see him again at a future sale and will tip him at that point. Kicking myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment