Friday, March 13, 2015

The "not new" leather chair's major blemish.

The leather chair I purchased with craigslist for $225 is finally in the house and seemingly undisturbed by the feral cat in the garage. It is difficult to see in the photos, but not difficult to see at all in person, that there is a large blemish smack dab in the middle of the seat. I am going to try to fix that and will post before and after pics. The chair is supposedly only 3 years old and retails for $699 (but who pays full retail?), but I still think I overpaid because of this big, stupid flaw. I figure that if I can't fix it, I will purchase a piece of hair-on cowhide to cover the seat. I think I will like the look of that, but it will likely cost at least $40. Oh well. At least I have all the living room furniture I need for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment