Thursday, March 19, 2015

My "not new" garden stake needs a little something.

Thought I'd try to create some repurposed garden art. This first attempt is both a win and a fail. It's a win because the construction techniques seem to be working. A fail because this one is kind of blah. I thought I could add some yellow wire between the two white dishes, but that didn't work out as a I had hoped. With just the two white dishes, it's a bit bland for anyone except the most extreme minimalist. I have an idea to bring some color to the center, but can't implement it until it gets warmer out (need to work in the garage to avoid the excessive fumes). I'll keep you posted how that turns out.

Full disclosure: while the glass dishes are used, I couldn't find any "not new" pipes and fittings...so the "stem" and attaching hardware are new.

No comments:

Post a Comment