Saturday, March 14, 2015

Went to a super cool, mostly "not new" Makers' Fair

Some dear souls have transformed an old factory/warehouse into a business incubator of sorts. Today I attended a Makers Fair featuring some of the craftsmen. Unfortunately, only some of the participants were present. Others whose spots you could peek into through windows included someone who make really cool, high-end birdfeeders and a reupholsterer (I took a card in case my own planned reupholstery attempt fizzles.) A very cool place and a number of the participants were doing "not new" stuff...turning old unwanted things into new, useful things. If I were only younger and braver, I may have found a second career.

3 comments:

  1. I may have to check it out and see if any of their vendors want to join my Garden Art Sale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The birdfeeder person and another who made concrete vessels come to mind, Jim. I think they have emaill addresses for the vendors on their website.

    ReplyDelete