Monday, March 16, 2015

Buffalo ReUse: rooms of old sinks, windows, doors and more.

If you live in a big enough city, there is likely something like this there. (If not, start one up!) Buffalo ReUse does "green demolition," salvaging as much of the original structure as they can and reselling it from an old warehouse. I believe they work in partnership with our local Habitat for Humanity. It really is a rehabber's dream as you can find stuff that fits the look and era of your properties. They also have odd lots of ceramic tile and other such stuff that comes in...the prices aren't ridiculously cheap, but they are very good. Lots of cool stuff, too, like glass doorknobs, fancy wood molding, pieces of old marble counters, etc.

I, stupidly, went to a 75% off day at an estate sale (stupid, because I didn't notice the sale ended early that day and was over when I got there) nearby and then went to Buffalo ReUse to try to find cinderblock or something similar to build my raised garden beds. No luck this trip, but they did have some uniquely colored ceramic tile for my mosaic work.

No comments:

Post a Comment