Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Regrowning carrots from carrot tops...

can't be done. Well, it can, but it will take two years. The first year, I'm supposed to get an attractive flowering carrot plant from which I'll get seeds. The second year, I'll get carrots from the seeds. Or, at least, that's the info I found on the web. A lot of time and trouble for some "not new" carrot seeds, but the seeds being free and the plant supposedly attractive, I'm willing to give it a try. Hopefully, once this thing roots, it will be warm enough to plant it outside. Hopefully.

2 comments:

  1. You can harvest the green tops for their nutrition and put in soup or salads. I would not try to save the seeds from many of these tops. I love doing things like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My rabbit used to like eating carrot tops (but not the carrots!...he also liked strawberry tops). I'll try using them in soup this year...hate to waste anything nutritious and delicious. Thanks for the tip.

      Delete