Monday, March 2, 2015

Saved by the Scrabble game (from the Internet auction).

This is not what I was saved from. I'm hoping to purchase this lighting fixture later this week for $90. That's not cheap, but I think it is a very good deal as it will fit the style of my room and would likely cost at least 3 times that much new (I consider 60% off as my "base savings target" for a decent second-hand deal on most items). Do I NEED this fixture? No. I have another where it will go, but I don't like that fixture. I'm hoping I can sell it for what this one costs and consider it a wash (plus a lot of footwork and trouble, but I'll be happy).

Do I need the stuff I just didn't get at the online auction? Some yes, some no. There was a sturdy looking metal tool chest for under $10 that I really could use for the garage. But, as long as I was getting that, I probably would have gotten the really cool looking metal chairs for under $10 and a couple end tables which may or may not have worked out. I keep telling myself something just as good will come to me much closer (the items were 40 minutes away and there was only a 4 hour window on Saturday to pick everything up, so it would have been a bit of a pain). Still, I feel loss over that durn tool chest and those chairs. Sigh.

The good news is, instead of watching the close of that auction online, I was playing Scrabble with the offspring and hubby. Difficult to get quality family time with the 20-year-old son, so I definitely made the right choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment